Grilled Pork Chops With Pineapple Salsa
This recipe makes 4 servings Serve with rice and grilled vegetables.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 4 tsp (18 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 tsp (18 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 bone-in pork chops, (1-3/4 lb/790 g)
- Pineapple Salsa:
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- 1 small hot pepper, (such as Thai bird
- In shallow dish, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, oil and garlic. Add chops, turning to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pineapple Salsa: Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together pineapple, green onion, red onion, lime juice, and hot pepper (if using).
- Place chops on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, about
- minutes. Serve with salsa.
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011