Roasted Pepper, White Bean and Goat Cheese Salad
Portion size: 4 Roasted garlic brings a lovely creaminess and subtle sweetness to this salad's bright vinaigrette.
- 4 cloves garlic, (unpeeled)
- 3 sweet red peppers
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) navy beans or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp (18 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled soft goat cheese
- Wrap garlic in foil; place on lined baking sheet along with red peppers. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, turning peppers occasionally, until skins are blistered, about 25 minutes for garlic, 35 minutes for peppers.
- Transfer peppers to bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes. Peel, seed and chop; transfer to clean bowl. Add beans.
- Let garlic cool enough to handle; squeeze into small bowl. Whisk in oil, lemon juice, thyme, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over red pepper mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011
- From Canadian Living