Chicken and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
This recipe makes 4 servings
- 12 oz (340 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) smoked paprika or sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 2 oz (57 g) cured ham, (such as prosciutto or serrano), julienned
- 5 cups (1.25 L) snow peas, strings removed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- In bowl, toss together chicken, 1 tbsp of the oil, garlic, paprika and cumin.
- In wok or skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat; stir-fry ham for 10 seconds. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry until seared all over. Add snow peas; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, salt and sugar; stir-fry until peas are tender-crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2011
- From Canadian Living