Coconut Cereal Pops
This recipe makes 24 pops servings You'll need lollipop sticks for these treats. To prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands when forming into balls, grease your hands lightly.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 bag (250 g) mini marshmallows, (6 cups)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 6 cups (1.5 L) puffed brown rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 oz (227 g) good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- Food colouring
- In large saucepan, heat butter with marshmallows over medium heat, stirring, until melted, about 8 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in cereal until combined. Let cool enough to handle. Form into 24 balls. Push lollipop stick into each. Set aside.
- Divide coconut among bowls. Toss with food colouring to tint as desired.
- In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not simmering) water, melt chocolate. Dip tops of cereal pops into chocolate; dip into coconut. Refrigerate until set, 30 minutes.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2011