Ground Pork and Green Bean Stir Fry
Portion size: 4
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground pork
- 3 green onions, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 6 oz (170 g) green beans, trimmed and cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths
- In small bowl, whisk together black bean sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, sugar and ½ cup water; set aside.
- In wok, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry pork until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry white parts of green onions and ginger for 30 seconds. Add green beans; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add pork and black bean mixture; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add green parts of green onions; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011