Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
- 3 sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups/1 L
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken stock or vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- In roasting pan, toss together red peppers, potatoes, onion, garlic, oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, stirring once, until tender and golden at edges, about 1 hour.
- In food processor, purée vegetables with stock, in batches; strain into large pot. Whisk in 1 cup (250 mL) water. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate, uncovered, in airtight container until cold. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
- Bring soup to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir yogurt with parsley. Serve dollops on bowls of soup.
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2007