Don’s Instant Breakfast Sausages
These sausages are easy to make and are delicious. As well they are much lower in saturated fat than regular breakfast sausages. I use lean ground pork that can be purchased, but I watch for the pork leg specials. I buy a lot of them and then I bone and trim and grind the lean pork, usually saving some of the best cuts for pork chops Total prep time is only about 5 minutes.
- To about 2 lb of lean ground pork I add:
- 1 tsp salt (or less)
- 1 tsp ground sage
- ½ tsp each of Thyme, Nutmeg, Cayenne pepper and Black pepper.
- Reduce cayenne for less spicy tastes.
- Add a pinch of powdered ginger.
- You can cut back on the cayenne pepper for a milder sausage, but most of the people that I have prepared these for have not complained.
- Add about ¼ cup of ice water, mix well and form into very thin patties and fry.
- Perfect with Ivy’s Heart Healthy Pancake Mix!
- I have had a lot of compliments with this recipe. Enjoy