- 1 package of prepared pickling spice (142g)
- ½ teaspoon crushed cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick
- 1 beef brisket about 6 pounds or any cut of beef –inside Round works well
- Cut meat so that it is no more than 3 cm thick to allow for marinade to penetrate.
- In a bowl combine well the box of prepared pickling spice, cloves, cinnamon, garlic, tender quick, and brown sugar. Punch holes in the meat all the way through every 2 cm using a knife. Place meat in stainless bowl overnight and then cover in water and place fridge for a week to 10 days. It can be frozen in the brine.
- To cook, wash the roast off. Cook in water for 3 hours at 250