Braised Bok Choy
This recipe makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (454 g) baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sesame seeds
- In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, cornstarch, salt, sugar and pepper; set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic for 5 seconds. Add bok choy; stir-fry until bright green, about 2 minutes. Cover and steam, stirring occasionally, until stalks are tender-crisp, 4 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until nearly no liquid remains, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate; drizzle with sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.