Cucumber Herb Salad
Portion size: 8 Inexpensive field cucumbers are perfect for this light and fresh salad.
- 4 cucumbers
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh coriander leaves
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Peel, quarter and seed cucumbers; chop and place in large bowl. Coarsely chop coriander; add to bowl along with green onions and mint.
- Dressing: In bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to combine. Refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2007