Lemongrass Jasmine Iced Tea
This recipe makes 8 1 cup servings
- 4 bags jasmine tea
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
- In large heatproof measure or bowl, steep tea in 8 cups (2 L) boiling water for 4 minutes. Discard bags.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring sugar, 1 cup (250 mL) water and lemongrass to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer to combine flavours, about 5 minutes. Add to tea; let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Strain into pitcher, pressing solids only gently so beverage remains clear. Serve with ice cubes.