Mango and chicken salad
Aug 1, 2008 Chatelaine 0 4 servings
- 1 rotisserie chicken or 2 cups (500 mL) shredded chicken
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 red pepper
- ½ English cucumber
- 1 green onion
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) each teriyaki sauce and vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice-wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Leftover chicken does double duty in a wink with this fast, fresh meal in a bowl. (Or pick up a barbecued chicken at the deli.)
- Shred chicken. Peel mango. Slice mango away from stone, then slice mango and pepper into thin bite-size strips. Slice unpeeled cucumber in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Thinly slice cucumber and onion.
- Place chicken, mango, pepper, cucumber and onion in a big bowl along with spinach. In a small bowl, whisk teriyaki with oil, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Just before serving, pour over chicken salad, then toss until coated and mixed.