Maple peach sauce
Aug 1, 2008 Chatelaine 0 Cooking time: 4 minutes Preparation time: 10 minutes Makes: 3 cups (750 mL)
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange juice or 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange-flavoured liqueur or a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger (optional)
- Slice peaches in half and discard pits. Then slice into thin wedges. Melt butter in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add peaches. Stir just until they start to soften, 2 to 4 min.
- Then add maple syrup, orange juice and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook until peaches are as soft as you like, from 2 to 4 min. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days. Great warm or at room temperature over pancakes, ice cream or yogourt.