Melon Berry Cup
Portion size: 8 For a nonalcoholic version, substitute white cranberry juice for the wine and reduce sugar to 2 tbsp (25 mL).
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine, such as riesling
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 strip (3x1 inch/8x2.5 cm) lemon rind
- ½ cantaloupe
- ½ honeydew melon
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberries, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- In small saucepan, bring wine, sugar and lemon rind to boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced to ½ cup (125 mL), about 8 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Discard lemon rind.
- Meanwhile, with melon baller, scoop balls from cantaloupe and honeydew melons into large bowl to make 3 cups (750 mL) each. Add strawberries and blueberries; pour wine mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2007