Spicy Sweet-Potato Wedges with Herbed Yogourt Dip
Apr 1, 2008 Chatelaine 0 Preparation time: 10 minutes Roasting Time: 25 minutes Makes: 4 servings
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) Balkan-style plain yogourt (5.9% M.F.)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary, crumbled, or dillweed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon, orange or lime peel
- Preheat oven to 450F (260C). Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to heat. Peel potatoes. Slice in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Place each piece cut-side down, then slice into half-moon-shaped wedges ½ in. (1 cm) thick. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil. Sprinkle with sugar and spices and stir to coat. Tumble onto hot baking sheet.
- Roast in oven, turning every 10 min, until tender and lightly browned, about 25 min. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir yogourt with rosemary and lemon peel. Serve alongside warm roasted potatoes for dunking or drizzle over potatoes.