Teriyaki pork stir fry
Cooking time: 5 minutes Preparation time: 5 minutes Makes: 4 servings
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup (50 mL) teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each cornstarch, honey and dark sesame oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Think beyond salad and make romaine the fresh crunch in a delicious jumble of stir-fried garden vegetables.
- Slice meat into thin bite-size strips. Slice romaine leaves crosswise into bite-size pieces. In a small bowl, stir teriyaki with chili-garlic sauce, cornstarch, honey and sesame oil. Prepare vegetables.
- Heat oil in a large, wide frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add meat and stir-fry until it loses its pink colour, 2 to 3 min. Stir teriyaki mixture, then pour in. Add snow peas, pepper and romaine. Continue stir-frying until pork is cooked through and snow peas are tender-crisp, 3 to 4 more min. Great over rice or pasta.