Veggies and Cucumber Dill Dip
Portion size: 4
- 1 cup (250 mL) green_beans, trimmed?
- 2 carrots, cut_into sticks???
- 4 ribs celery, cut_into sticks???
- 8 radishes, trimmed???
- 1 sweet green or red pepper??? 1
- Cucumber Dill Dip:
- 1 piece (4 inch/10 cm) English_cucumber
- ½ cup (125 mL) Cream_cheese, softened??
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each light mayonnaise and light sour_cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill???
- Dash hot_pepper sauce??
- Pinch each garlic and onion_powder
- Pinch each salt and pepper???
- Cucumber Dill Dip: Peel and grate cucumber into fine sieve over bowl; squeeze or press to drain. Discard liquid.
- In separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in cucumber, dill, hot pepper sauce, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch green beans until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to ice water until cold; drain. (Make-ahead: Wrap vegetables in damp paper towel and transfer dip to airtight container; refrigerate for up to 2 days.) Serve vegetables with dip.