Orange-Glazed Pork Chops Prep time 20 minutes Total time 20 minutes Portion size 4
- 4 bone-in pork chops, (about 1-3/4 lb/ 790 g total)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) orange juice
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook pork until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to plate. Drain any fat from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth and orange juice; bring to boil. Boil, stirring often, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 6 minutes.
- Return pork and any juices to pan; cook, turning once, until glazed, about 2 minutes