- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of shredded green cabbage or 1 medium green cabbage, shredded
- 1¼ cups cider vinegar
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup water, to taste (use less water if you like it more tangy)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring constantly, until it begins to soften and turn translucent.
- Add cabbage, cider, vinegar, water, salt and caraway seeds and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for approximately 30 to 45 minutes, until the cabbage is tender. Add a little water if it gets too dry.
- Can be kept in fridge for 2 weeks