Sugar Snap Peas and Avocado Salad with Sesame Dressing
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Half avocados, diced
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook snap peas until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water. Chill; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, mustard, sesame oil and garlic until combined; stir in sesame seeds and green onions.
- Stir in sugar snap peas and avocado; toss to combine.