Braised cabbage and bacon
- In dutch oven cook 3 slices bacon, chopped over medium heat til crisp. Transfer to paper towel with a slotted spoon
- Keep 1 t of the fat ab cook 2 garlic cloves, minced,and 6 green onions (white parts) sliced, til soft about 2 min
- Add 1/2c chicken broth; bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer til cabbage is tender about 10 min
- Stir in 1 T dijon mustard, half of the bacon and the dark tops of the green onions, chopped.
- Cook, stirring for 1 min
- Serve sprinkled with remaining bacon