Maple Cinnamon Spiced Nuts
- 1 egg white
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 c pecans
- 1 c almonds ( no skin)
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t cardamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cayenne peper
- Preheat oven to 300 and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl beat egg white until frothy with and maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, salt, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the nuts into bowl of egg white and syrup. Toss the nuts and coat well.
- Pour the sugar and spices over the nuts, toss making sure everything is well coated
- Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 min and stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge.