Spicy Pork Noodle Stir fry
- 4 oz (113 g) rice stick vermicelli, (about 1/8 inch/3 mm wide)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili garlic paste, (such as sambal oelek)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 oz (227 g) lean ground pork
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- In large bowl, soak vermicelli in warm water until softened and separated, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together soy sauce, chili paste, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, salt and 2/3 cup water; set aside.
- In wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork, stirring occasionally and breaking up with back of wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove pork to plate. Drain and set aside.
- Wipe wok clean and return to heat. Add vegetable oil and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, snow peas, green onions and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture and noodles, tossing to combine; stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.