Chicken and Swiss Chard Stir-fry
- 4 tsp (18 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 225 g boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups (2 L) chopped stemmed Swiss chard, (about 1 bunch)
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 170 g soba noodles
- 4 cups (1 L) snow peas
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil; set aside. In large nonstick skillet or wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, ginger and garlic, stirring often, until chicken is light golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Swiss chard and yellow pepper; stir-fry until chard starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook soba noodles according to package directions; drain. Add noodles to skillet along with snow peas and soy sauce mixture; stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.