Orange Sesame Spinach Salad with Chicken
- 2 oranges
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups (1 L) packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) torn radicchio leaves
- 3 green onions, (green parts only), sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) blanched snow peas
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- Orange Sesame Dressing:
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges; cut segments from membranes, reserving juice. Set aside.
- Orange Sesame Dressing: In bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, Dijon mustard, granulated sugar, pepper and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the reserved orange juice.
- In separate bowl, toss chicken with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the dressing; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to foil-lined baking sheet; bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until no longer pink inside, about 25 minutes. Let cool enough to handle; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate chicken and dressing in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days.)
- In large bowl, toss together baby spinach, romaine lettuce, torn radicchio, green onions, snow peas, cucumber, chicken and remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and orange segments.
- Nutritional Information Per serving: about