Edaname and Blueberry Salad with Herbed Chicken
- Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette:
- ½ tsp (2 mL) grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen shelled edamame
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 2)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each chopped fresh thyme, fresh tarragon and fresh basil
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (142 g) baby arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) toasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, mustard, salt and pepper; slowly whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Salad: In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook edamame for 1 minute. Drain and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, between plastic wrap, use meat mallet or heavy-bottomed saucepan to flatten chicken to ½-inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Whisk together oil, thyme, tarragon, basil, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Let stand for 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours.)
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes. Slice chicken.
- In large bowl, toss together edamame, arugula, blueberries, pumpkin seeds and vinaigrette. Top with chicken.