Garlicky Grilled Zucchini and Tomatoes
- 3 zucchini
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated or minced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- pinch salt
- 2 pkg (each 255 g) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) torn fresh basil leaves
- Slice zucchini diagonally into ½-inch (1 cm) thick rounds. Set aside.
- Stir together oil, garlic, pepper and salt. Thread tomatoes onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with half of the oil mixture. Toss zucchini with remaining oil mixture.
- Place tomato skewers and zucchini on greased grill over medium-high heat; grill, uncovered, turning occasionally, until tomatoes begin to blister and zucchini is tender and grill-marked, about 8 minutes. Remove to plate; sprinkle with basil.