Rainbow Root Fries with Chive Mayo
- Root Fries:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 small celery root
- 1 small rutabaga
- 1 red beet
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each garlic powder and dried rosemary
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Chive Mayo:
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated or pressed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- Root Fries: Peel and cut sweet potato, celery root and rutabaga lengthwise into scant ½-inch (1 cm) thick sticks; cut in half crosswise. Transfer each to separate bowl. Set aside.
- Peel and cut beet into scant ½-inch (1 cm) thick sticks. Transfer to separate bowl.
- Drizzle sweet potato, celery root, rutabaga and beet with oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper; toss each to coat.
- Arrange sweet potato, celery root, rutabaga and beet in single layer on parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 425°F (220°C) oven, turning fries once and switching and rotating pans halfway through, until tender and golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Chive Mayo: While fries are baking, in small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chives, garlic, mustard and lemon juice. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.) Serve with fries.