Red Pepper Soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sweet red peppers, diced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sherry vinegar
- 4 tsp (18 mL) plain Greek yogurt, (optional)
- In Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, thyme and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add red peppers, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until red peppers are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and 1 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until red peppers are tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Discard thyme.
- Working in batches, purée mixture in blender until smooth. Return to Dutch oven; stir in vinegar. Cook over medium heat until warm. Divide among serving bowls; stir in yogurt (if using).