- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher or coarse salt
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and chopped, about ¼ cup
- 1 cup packed grated carrots, about 1 to 2 carrots
- Combine vinegar with 1 tbsp water, salt and sugar in a wide, shallow saucepan. Set over high. When it comes to a boil, add chilies and carrots. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, partially covered, until carrot is tender, 4 min. Remove from heat.
- Pour carrot mixture into a blender. Cover lid with a kitchen towel and purée for at least 2 min. Scrape hot sauce into a jar. Let cool, then cover with lid and refrigerate up to 1 month. Shake before serving.