Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2½ teaspoons red curry paste
- 1½ t minced fresh garlic
- 2 T minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 4 c pureed butternut squash
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add curry paste, garlic, and ginger; sauté 3min stirring constantly.
- Add broth, fish sauce and squash. Use blender until smooth.
- Heat stirring constantly, add coconut milk and return to simmer
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.