Healthier Pastry Recipe
- 1¼ cups whole-wheat pastry flour.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour.
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter.
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil.
- 4 tablespoons ice water.
- Mix whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, in a large bowl. Cut butter into small pieces with a pastry blender
- Add sour cream and oil; toss with a fork to combine with the dry ingredients. Sprinkle water over the mixture
- Toss with a fork until evenly moist. Knead the dough with your hands in the bowl a few times;the mixture will still be a little crumbly. Turn out onto a clean surface and knead a few more times, until the dough just holds together. Divide the dough in half and shape into 5-inch-wide disks. Wrap each in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.