Berry Pavlova Wreath
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- bay leaves or fresh mint leaves optional
- Pavlova: Line rimless baking sheet with parchment paper. Using 10-inch (3 L) springform pan as guide, trace circle onto parchment paper. Turn parchment paper over. Set aside.
- In food processor, pulse sugar until finely ground, about 30 seconds. In large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form; beat in sugar, 2 tbsp at a time, until stiff glossy peaks form. Beat in cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla.
- Using 2 large spoons, drop egg white mixture by spoonful along inside of traced circle on prepared pan. Bake in 275°F oven just until no longer shiny, about 1 hour. Turn off heat; open door slightly and let cool completely in oven, about 2 hours.
- Topping: While Pavlova is cooling, in small saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, cinnamon stick, orange zest and ½ cup water to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and reaches jam-like consistency, about 10 minutes. Stir in blueberries. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days; stir in about 1 tbsp warm water to reach desired consistency.)
- Spoon cranberry mixture over top of Pavlova. Garnish with bay leaves (if using). Serve immediately.