Sesame-ginger-beet quinoa Salad
Author: Sesame-ginger-beet quinoa salad
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 bunch beets, about 750 g
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2½ tsp honey
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- COOK rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan following package directions, about 10 min. Scoop quinoa into a large bowl to cool slightly.
- TRIM green tops from beets. Wash and dry greens well, then thinly slice and set aside. Peel beets and coarsely grate.
- WHISK vinegar with oils, ginger, soy and honey in a large bowl. Add beet greens, beets and quinoa. Toss to coat. Divide among 4 bowls. Top with avocado. Sprinkle with almonds.