Cooking time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 5 minutes Makes: 8 cups (2 L) for 6 servings
- 900- ml carton low-sodium chicken broth or 4 cups (1 L) chicken bouillon
- 28- oz (796- mL) can diced plum tomatoes, including liquid
- 19- oz (540- mL) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
- 350- g pkg fresh ravioli, cheese- or meat-filled
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- In a large saucepan set over high heat, stir chicken broth with diced plum tomatoes, beans and seasoning. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add ravioli. Stir often until pasta is cooked, 3 to 5 more min. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, then ladle into bowls. Soup is best the day it’s made. Ravioli soaks up liquid as it sits, so if reheating add more chicken broth or water to make it soupy.
- Nutrition (per Serving)