- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) sliced trimmed cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pkg (375 g) broad egg noodles
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 5% sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate. Drain fat from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, mushrooms and paprika, stirring often, until onion is softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Return chicken to pan; add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and serve topped with chicken mixture. Garnish with sour cream and parsley.