Jalapeno cheese dip
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup packed grated carrots, about 1 to 2 carrots
- FOR JALAPENO CHEESE DIP
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Jalapeno Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- To make Jalapeno hot sauce:
- Combine vinegar with 1 tbsp water, salt and sugar in a wide, shallow saucepan. Set over high. When it comes to a boil, add chilies and carrots. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, partially covered, until carrot is tender, 4 min. Remove from heat.
- Pour carrot mixture into a blender. Cover lid with a kitchen towel and purée for at least 2 min. Scrape hot sauce into a jar. Let cool, then cover with lid and refrigerate up to 1 month. Shake before serving.
- To make Jalapeno cheese dip:
- Stir ½ cup mayonnaise with ¼ cup Jalapeno Hot Sauce and 1 cup grated parmesan in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 sec. Stir and serve warm.