Chicken and Peach Cobb Salad
Author: Canadian Living CL
Whether grilled, pan-fried or roasted, leftover chicken makes a fantastic, protein-rich salad starter.
- 4 tsp (18 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) light packed torn Boston lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced grilled or roasted boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 peach or nectarine, pitted and cut in wedges
- half avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced natural (skin-on) almonds, toasted
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
- In separate bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, peach, avocado, blue cheese
- and almonds. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 4 hours.) Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Tip from The Test Kitchen: If you're making the salad ahead of time, generously brush the sliced avocado with lemon juice to prevent it from browning.