Crab and artichoke crepes
Dec 1, 2006 Chatelaine 0 Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 26 minutes Makes: 12 crepes
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (175 mL) milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp (20 mL) melted butter
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped chives
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups (375 mL) milk
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Tabasco sauce
- 2 227 g pkgs imitation crab, sliced
- 8 artichoke halves, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each finely grated lemon peel and juice
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped fresh dill
- Whirl crepe ingredients in a blender until smooth. For filling, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Stir for 30 sec. Whisk in flour until it bubbles. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Whisk in salt and Tabasco. Whisking constantly, bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir often until mixture thickens, 2 min. Remove from heat. Stir in crab, artichokes, peel, juice and dill.
- Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. When pan is hot, pour 2 tbsp (30 mL) batter in pan. Lift pan from burner and tilt to form a very thin pancake. Return to burner and cook until top is set, about 1 min, then turn over. Cook until golden, 1 min. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll up about ⅓ cup (75 mL) filling in each crepe.
- Make ahead
- Prepare and fill crepes. Arrange in an oiled 9×13-in. (3-L) casserole dish. Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight. Bake directly from fridge, covered, in preheated 300F (140C) oven until hot, 40 min.