Crunchy Gluten-free Chicken Strips
- ½ cup (125 mL) quinoa
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup (60 mL) brown rice flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 16 thin strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- In food processor, pulse together quinoa, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper until well combined and a bit powdery, but with most of the quinoa still intact. Transfer to shallow dish. Stir in parsley.
- Place brown rice flour in separate shallow dish; place egg in third shallow dish. Dip chicken strips into flour, shaking off excess; dip into egg, letting excess drip back into dish. Dip in quinoa mixture, turning to coat all over. Set aside on platter or baking sheet.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken strips, in batches and adding remaining oil as necessary, turning once, until coating is crisp and golden and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 6 minutes.