Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 3 Italian tomatoes, diced
- A shake of hot sauce, to taste
- 8 whole grain tortillas (6 inches or 15 cm)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Salsa (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Enjoy with a salad on the side.
- In a frying pan, heat oil at medium-high. Add chili powder and onion, cooking about 8 minutes. Add chicken, tomatoes, and hot sauce and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Divide chicken mixture in center of four tortillas, top with avocado and cheese. Place another tortilla on top and press lightly.
- In a non-stick pan, cook each quesadilla over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes a side. Top with salsa and coriander if desired.