Burnished Hoisin Chicken
This recipe makes 4 servings Serve this chicken with rice or noodles and a quick steamed vegetable, such as broccoli, bok choy or snow peas. If you're freezing the chicken in the marinade, you can divide it into individual servings so you only have to thaw as many portions as you need at one time.
- ½ cup (125 mL) hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced gingerroot
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 lb (907 g) chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- In large bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Place chicken, bone side down, on greased grill over medium heat; brush with any remaining marinade. Close lid and grill for 25 minutes. Turn; grill until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 10 minutes. (Or place chicken, bone side down, in large roasting pan; brush with any remaining marinade. Roast in 425°F/220°C oven until golden, crisp and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 30 minutes.) Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Additional information :
- Divide chicken between 2 large resealable plastic freezer bags; pour marinade over chicken. Press out air and seal bags. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator. Grill or roast as directed.
- Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2005